The Workshop design process
Your research needs a device or a modification to an existing piece of equipment.
- Bring your problem and some ideas, and perhaps some sketches (photos are always handy).
- We will then talk you through what we can do for you, offer you some design advice and set up the bare bones of a plan.
- If we think there's a better or a cheaper comparable solution (i.e. there's a ready market alternative), then we will tell you.
- We will use the latest state of the art 3D CAD software to model your project.
- When you are happy with the design we can produce detailed manufacturing drawings.
- This is an interactive process and we will not proceed to a quote until you are happy we have solved your brief.
- You approve the quote.
- The Mechanical Workshop makes your product.
We aim to enhance clinical and basic cancer research in Oxford with the ultimate goal of increasing cancer cure rates.
In Oxford, we have a great wealth of broad-ranging expertise and a powerful network of cancer researchers.
Study With Us
Our graduate training programmes for both scientists and clinicians are internationally recognised.