A single arm exploratory study examining the feasibility of imaging glioblastoma pH using CEST MRI
Chief Investigator: Simon Lord
ISRCTN Identifier: ISRCTN86522205
Sponsor: University of Oxford
Single arm exploratory
Previously untreated glioblastoma patients scheduled for resection or debulking.
Open to recruitment at the Churchill Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. No additional sites are planned.
- Participant is willing, capable of cooperating with the protocol and able to give informed consent for participation in the study.
- Male or Female, aged 18 years or above.
- Diagnosed with glioblastoma and scheduled for neurosurgical resection or debulking.
- Intolerant of MRI brain (for example: claustrophobia).
- MRI brain contraindicated (for example: implanted electric and electronic devices, heart pacemakers, insulin pumps, implanted hearing aids, neuostimulators, intracranial metal clips, metallic bodies in the eye).
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy/radiotherapy treatment for glioblastoma which would interfere with the interpretation of trial results.
- Other psychological, social or medical condition that the investigator considers would make the patient a poor trial candidate or could interfere with protocol compliance or the interpretation of trial results.
To evaluate CEST contrast image obtained from CEST MRI in glioblastoma
- Explore if measurement of tumour protein levels relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
- Explore if measurement of tumour pH relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
- Explore if hypoxia relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
- Explore if ASL MRI perfusion imaging signal relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
IMAGO Trial Office (OCTO)
Tel: +44 (0)1865 617 083
Fax: +44 (0)1865 617 010