ISRCTN Identifier: ISRCTN86522205
Sponsor: University of Oxford
A single arm exploratory study examining the feasibility of imaging glioblastoma pH using CEST MRI
Single arm exploratory
Previously untreated glioblastoma patients scheduled for resection or debulking.
Open to recruitment
- Participant is willing, capable of cooperating with the protocol and able to give informed consent for participation in the study.
- Male or Female, aged 18 years or above.
- Diagnosed with glioblastoma and scheduled for neurosurgical resection or debulking.
- Intolerant of MRI brain (for example: claustrophobia).
- MRI brain contraindicated (for example: implanted electric and electronic devices, heart pacemakers, insulin pumps, implanted hearing aids, neuostimulators, intracranial metal clips, metallic bodies in the eye).
- Prior treatment for glioblastoma.
- Other psychological, social or medical condition that the investigator considers would make the patient a poor trail candidate or could interfere with protocol compliance or the interpretation of trial results.
To evaluate CEST contrast image obtained from CEST MRI in glioblastoma
- Explore if measurement of tumour protein levels relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
- Explore if measurement of tumour pH relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
- Explore if hypoxia relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
- Explore if ASL MRI perfusion imaging signal relates to CEST MRI imaging signal
IMAGO Trial Office (OCTO)
Tel: +44 (0)1865 617 083, Fax: +44 (0)1865 617 010