Flow Cytometry is a technology enabling the measurement of numerous parameters, via fluoroescence signalling, in your suspension sample of cells/particles.
Following the Departments change management protocol the Flow Cytometry Facility no longer has a dedicated specialist.
- Groups will need to ensure that they have sufficient skill to undertake flow cytometry.
- Users will be responsible for the routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- There will be no dedicated support in the Department for cell sorting or data analysis.
- Rhodri Wilson will be the link to Jon Webber (Kennedy) for cell sorting arrangements. One month notice is required for these arrangements.
- Rhodri Wilson will be the designated link to official tech support.
The Facility has
BD FACSCalibur - 2 laser (B/R) with 4 fluoroescene detectors
Attune NXT - 4 lasers (V/B/Y/R) with 14 fluoroescence detectors
CytoFlex - 2 lasers (B/R) with 8 fluoroescence detectors
and 2 sorters:
BD FACSort - 1 laser (B) with 4 fluoroescence detectors
BD Aria III - 3 lasers (V/B/R) with 11 fluoroescence detectors, allows 4 way sorts and single cell index sorting in plates.