2022-23 DPhil Projects
2022-23 DPhil Oncology Project List
- Adipocytes as a source of nutrition for breast cancer cells - Dr Simon Lord
- Understanding the effects of immunomodulatory therapies on radiation response - Dr Monica Olcina
- Understanding complement system dysregulation in the tumour microenvironment - Dr Monica Olcina
- Targeting polymerase theta as a way to improve radiotherapy and immunotherapy - Dr Geoff Higgins
- The crosstalk between tumour microenvironments and MAFF to determine transcriptional activation or repression - Dr Ejung Moon
- Understanding how DNA repair pathway choice is controlled in human cells -Andy Blackford
- The Artemis DNA Repair nucleases – from mechanism to therapeutic inhibition - Peter McHugh
- Molecular characterisation of hypoxia-induced R-loops - Ester Hammond
- Ubiquitin signaling in the pathogenesis and radiotherapy of glioblastoma - Vincenzo D'Angiolella
Please note these projects are unfunded.
All DPhil candidates who apply before the deadline on Friday 3 December 2021 are eligible for all relevant University scholarships.
University scholarships may be awarded by the department, division or the Student Fees and Funding Office and include a competitive selection processes. Each scholarship may have unique criteria for the award depending the terms of the funder (eg nationality). Refer to the list of availale scholarships here.
Your application form is the core document that is used to assess eligibility for University scholarships. Please take care when completing the application form to ensure that all relevant information is included to maximise your opportunities for a scholarship. Refer to the entry criteria here.