The Department of Oncology sits within the Medical Sciences Division and is also home to the MRC Oxford Institute for Radiation Oncology (MRC OIRO) and the Division of Cancer Medicine.
We have over 400 staff and graduate students, both clinical and non-clinical, and bring together research and clinical groups based across four sites:
- The Old Road Campus Research Building (ORCRB)
- The MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (WIMM)
- The Radiobiology Research Institute (RRI)
- The NHS Cancer and Haematology Centre
Within the Department, the Oncology Executive Committee oversee working practices and they are supported by other specialist committees, including the Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team (AS SAT), Training and Development, Graduate Studies and the Clinical Teaching Steering Group.
The research and education conducted within the Department is managed by the following people
- Theme Leader for DNA damage and repair - Tim Humphrey
- Co-Theme Leaders for TME/Immunology - Ester Hammond & Ben Fairfax
- Director of Education - Eric O’Neill
We also have our own teams for HR, Finance, Grants, Facilities and IT.