The Department of Oncology sits within the Medical Sciences Division. We have over 400 staff and graduate students, both clinical and non-clinical, and bring together research and clinical groups based across four sites:
- The Old Road Campus Research Building (ORCRB)
- The MRC Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine (WIMM)
- The Radiobiology Research Institute (RRI)
- The NHS Cancer and Haematology Centre
Within the Department, the Oncology Executive Committee oversee working practices and they are supported by other specialist committees, including the Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team (AS SAT), Training and Development, Graduate Studies and the Clinical Teaching Steering Group.
The research and education conducted within the Department is managed by the following people
- Theme Leader for DNA damage and repair - Tim Humphrey
- Co-Theme Leaders for TME/Immunology - Ester Hammond & Ben Fairfax
- Director of Education - Eric O’Neill
We also have our own teams for HR, Finance, Grants, Facilities and IT.