Oncology Clinical Trials Office
The Oncology Clinical Trials Office (OCTO) provides clinical trial management support to investigators across the CRUK Oxford Centre to manage trials from concept to completion.
Our trials portfolio can be viewed via links in the left hand sidebar.
OCTO was established in 2002 to run trials concerned with the practical application of high quality research into innovative and effective cancer therapies and prevention strategies. We aim to become the leading centre for translational early phase oncology trials in the UK.
We work with investigators to deliver trials in medical oncology, radiotherapy and imaging from first-in-human drug trials to large phase 3 clinical studies across a range of tumour types. We have particular expertise in delivering early phase multi-centre trials for biologically distinct populations. By working with over 250 study sites (hospitals) and collaborating academic groups in the UK, Europe, USA and Australia we have recruited over 10,000 patients into trials.
We have established excellent relationships with academic groups, research communities, industry and patients to support the work of all our partner organisations:
- CRUK Oxford Centre
- NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) Cancer Theme
- Oxford Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre (ECMC)
We also work closely with colleagues in the state-of-the-art NHS Oxford Cancer and Haematology Centre to ensure that opportunities for collaborative research are maximised and that research is rapidly and efficiently translated into cutting-edge clinical treatment for cancer patients.
- About Us
- Work With Us: Careers In Trial Management
- Work With Us: Information for Investigators and Commercial Organisations
- Information for Patients, their Families and Carers
- Current Trials
- Trials in Set Up
- CYTOFLOC: Cytosponge™ for post‐chemoradiation surveillance of oesophageal cancer
- FRONTIER: Fluciclovine (18F) imaging of breast cancer
- TARDOX: Targeted chemotherapy using focused ultrasound for liver tumours
- CAMELLIA: Anti-CD47 antibody terapy in relapsed/refractory Haematological Malignancies
- ATOM: Atovaquone as Tumour HypOxia Modifier
- 6MP: A Phase II Clinical Trial in Patients with BRCA Defective Tumours
- AspECT: A Phase III, Randomised, study of Aspirin and Esomeprazole Chemoprevention in Barrett’s Metaplasia
- BKM120: Palliative thoracic radiotherapy plus BKM120
- CHOP-OR: Study of CHOP with Ofatumumab in Patients with Richter's Syndrome
- COG : Gefitinib for oesophageal cancer progressing after chemotherapy
- DATACAP: Dose Adaptation of Capecitabine Using Mobile Phone Toxicity Monitoring
- DEBIOC: Dual Erb B Inhibition in Oesophago-gastric Cancer
- DOC-MEK: A double-blind randomized phase 2 trial of docetaxel with or without selumetinib in wild-type BRAF advanced melanoma
- EnROL: Conventional versus laproscopic surgery for colorectal cancer within an enhanced programme
- FOXFIRE: An open-label randomised phase III trial of 5-Fluorouracil, OXaliplatin and Folinic acid +/- Interventional Radio-Embolisation as first line treatment for patients with unresectable liver-only or liver-predominant metastatic colorectal cancer
- LINES: Eurosarc Trial of Linsitinib in advanced Ewing Sarcoma
- MErCuRIC1: MEK and MET Inhibition in Colorectal Cance
- MPP: Application of mobile phone technology for managing chemotherapy-associated side-effects
- OXO-PCR-01: Oxford Ovarian Cancer Predict Chemotherapy Response 01
- PACMEL: A randomised phase 2 study of paclitaxel with or without GSK1120212 or pazopanib in advanced wt BRAF melanoma
- PemBla: A parallel group phase I/II marker lesion study to assess the safety, tolerability and efficacy of intravenous or intravesical pembrolizumab in intermediate risk recurrent non-muscle invasive bladder cancer
- QUASAR2: Multicentre international study of capecitabine ± bevacizumab as adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer
- RADVAN: A randomised double blind phase 2 trial of whole brain radiotherapy with or without vandetanib in metastatic melanoma with brain metastases.
- SCOT: Short Course Oncology Treatment - A study of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer by the CACTUS and OCTO groups.
- SONATINA: A Phase II Multi-Centre Randomised Controlled Study Of Nelfinavir Addition to Radiotherapy Treatment In Neo-Adjuvant Therapy for Rectal Cancer.
- SPARC: SBRT pre-operatively for pancreatic cancer
- VICTOR: Post-treatment stage of a Phase III, randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled study of rofecoxib (VIOXX®) in colorectal cancer patients following potentially curative therapy.
- WBRT: Whole Brain Radiotherapy following local treatment of intracranial metastases of melanoma – A randomised Phase III trial.
- RHYTHM-1: Modulation of Radiotherapy according to HYpoxia: exploiting changes in the Tumour Microenvironment to improve outcome in rectal cancer
- ART: Anal squamous cell carcinoma: Investigation of functional imaging during chemoRadioTherapy
- SCALOP-2: Systemic therapy and Chemoradiation in Advanced Localised Pancreatic cancer–2