Oncology Clinical Trials Office
The Oncology Clinical Trials Office (OCTO) provides clinical trial management support to investigators across the CRUK Oxford Centre to manage trials from concept to completion.
Our trials portfolio can be viewed via links in the left hand sidebar.
Founded in 2002 the Oncology Clinical Trials Office (OCTO) began as a unit running large phase III trials in adjuvant colorectal cancer. We have since developed our trials portfolio to concentrate on the practical application of high quality clinical research into innovative and effective early detection, precision prevention and early phase cancer trials
From 2002 - 2022 we recruited over 20,000 people into trials, have collaborated with over 250 study sites and academic groups across the UK and 14 other countries. 2022 saw the appointment of Professor Sarah Blagden as OCTOs Clinical Director, Prof Blagden will lead us during an exciting time as the direction of cancer research in the UK evolves.
Our portfolio is one of Early Phase studies (novel cancer therapies as monotherapies or combinations, working with biotech/pharma and academics) as well as hypothesis-driven Early Detection (ED) and Precision-Prevention (PP) studies. In these trials we use:
- innovative methodologies
- integration of basic science and statistics
- decentralised designs to extend geographical reach
- incorporation of real-world data
- active Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE) at all stages of trial delivery
- About Us
- Work With Us: Careers In Trial Management
- Work With Us: Information for Investigators and Commercial Organisations
- Information for Patients, their Families and Carers
- Patient and Public Involvement & Engagement (PPIE)
- Current Trials
- Trials in Set Up
- LUD 2015-005: ANTI-PD-L1 in combination with chemo(radio)therapy for oesophageal cancer
- SCALOP-2: Systemic therapy and Chemoradiation in Advanced Localised Pancreatic cancer–2
- CHARIOT: M6620 plus standard treatment in oesophageal and other cancer
- CYTOFLOC: Cytosponge™ for post‐chemoradiation surveillance of oesophageal cancer
- FRONTIER: Fluciclovine (18F) imaging of breast cancer
- NuTide:301: Safety, pharmacokinetics and clinical activity of NUC-3373, a nucleotide analogue, in participants with advanced solid tumours.
- IMAGO: A single arm exploratory study examining the feasibility of imaging glioblastoma pH using CEST MRI
- TARDOX: Targeted chemotherapy using focused ultrasound for liver tumours
- CAMELLIA: Anti-CD47 antibody terapy in relapsed/refractory Haematological Malignancies
- ATOM: Atovaquone as Tumour HypOxia Modifier
- 6MP: A Phase II Clinical Trial in Patients with BRCA Defective Tumours
- AspECT: A Phase III, Randomised, study of Aspirin and Esomeprazole Chemoprevention in Barrett’s Metaplasia
- BKM120: Palliative thoracic radiotherapy plus BKM120
- CHOP-OR: Study of CHOP with Ofatumumab in Patients with Richter's Syndrome
- NEOPANC-01 - Pre-operative, Window-of-opportunity Study to Assess Gene Expression in Patients With Resectable, Locally Advanced, or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- COG : Gefitinib for oesophageal cancer progressing after chemotherapy
- DATACAP: Dose Adaptation of Capecitabine Using Mobile Phone Toxicity Monitoring
- DEBIOC: Dual Erb B Inhibition in Oesophago-gastric Cancer
- DOC-MEK: A double-blind randomized phase 2 trial of docetaxel with or without selumetinib in wild-type BRAF advanced melanoma
- EnROL: Conventional versus laproscopic surgery for colorectal cancer within an enhanced programme
- FOXFIRE: An open-label randomised phase III trial of 5-Fluorouracil, OXaliplatin and Folinic acid +/- Interventional Radio-Embolisation as first line treatment for patients with unresectable liver-only or liver-predominant metastatic colorectal cancer
- LINES: Eurosarc Trial of Linsitinib in advanced Ewing Sarcoma
- MErCuRIC1: MEK and MET Inhibition in Colorectal Cance
- MPP: Application of mobile phone technology for managing chemotherapy-associated side-effects
- OXO-PCR-01: Oxford Ovarian Cancer Predict Chemotherapy Response 01
- PACMEL: A randomised phase 2 study of paclitaxel with or without GSK1120212 or pazopanib in advanced wt BRAF melanoma
- PemBla: A parallel group phase I/II marker lesion study to assess the safety, tolerability and efficacy of intravenous or intravesical pembrolizumab in intermediate risk recurrent non-muscle invasive bladder cancer
- ART: Anal squamous cell carcinoma: Investigation of functional imaging during chemoRadioTherapy
- RHYTHM-1: Modulation of Radiotherapy according to HYpoxia: exploiting changes in the Tumour Microenvironment to improve outcome in rectal cancer
- RADVAN: A randomised double blind phase 2 trial of whole brain radiotherapy with or without vandetanib in metastatic melanoma with brain metastases.
- SPARC: SBRT pre-operatively for pancreatic cancer
- VICTOR: Post-treatment stage of a Phase III, randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled study of rofecoxib (VIOXX®) in colorectal cancer patients following potentially curative therapy.
- WBRT: Whole Brain Radiotherapy following local treatment of intracranial metastases of melanoma – A randomised Phase III trial.
- QUASAR2: Multicentre international study of capecitabine ± bevacizumab as adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancer
- SONATINA: A Phase II Multi-Centre Randomised Controlled Study Of Nelfinavir Addition to Radiotherapy Treatment In Neo-Adjuvant Therapy for Rectal Cancer.
- SCOT: Short Course Oncology Treatment - A study of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer by the CACTUS and OCTO groups.